Spring Skitar Giveaway
Enter for a Chance to Win the Skitar Shown Above! - Entries Closed (May 6, 11:59pm MT)
Complete the form below to be entered for a chance to win. One winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries.
Make sure you enter an email address you check regularly. If your entry is picked and we can't get in touch with you, we'll be forced to randomly select another entry. See official terms and conditions below.
The winner is...
🏆 Jerome C. of Austin, Texas
Fretboard Journal x Mountain Gazette
Not so long ago we caught wind of a man, ney, a legend who dared to combine the shred of a ski with the musical power of an electric guitar. That man's name? Britton Bonella.
Britton crafted us the skitar you see here and once we had it in our hands, we knew we had to team up with our new new friends at Fretboard Journal to release it into the wild.
Fretboard publishes a a keepsake print magazine dedicated to the wild, weird and wonderful from the world of fretted instruments. It's reader supported, written with depth and conviction, and full of stunning photography.
They're the perfect fit.
So here we are, giving one lucky human a chance to take home a 1-of-1 electric skitar made from vintage skis and these components:
- Hipshots locking tuners
- Power Rail Humbucker pickup
- Puretone input jack
This is a one-of-a-kind fretted instrument, and if you're lucky and you could take it home. Enter above for a chance to win.
Official Sweepstakes Terms, Conditions, & Rules 📖
Prize: (1) One "Skitar" Electric Guitar
Approximate Retail Value of Prize: $1,000 USD
- Introduction: Verb Cabin, LLC, owner of Mountain Gazette, is offering the Spring Skitar Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. By entering and agreeing to the terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes you agree to receive email communication from Mountain Gazette and the brand partners listed above.
- Eligibility: All entries with a SWEEPER/GIVEAWAY account will automatically be disqualified. Entrant must be at least 21 years of age or older by date of entry and a resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. Employees, agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, of Mountain Gazette and participating brands and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
- Timing/Promotion Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 A.M. MDT April 18, 2022 and ends at 11:59:00 PM MDT on May 6, 2022 - Sweepstakes may be extended 7 days. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period above and posted by the end of the Promotion period in order to participate.
- How to Enter: Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes by going to mountaingazette.com/skitar during the Promotion Period, entering their name and email on the Sweepstakes page including completing the checkbox saying you have read the rules and clicking enter now. One entry per person per email. Multiple entrants are not allowed using the same email address. Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes by filling out the online entry. Sponsor may also ask optional questions. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the entrant.
- Drawing: This Sweepstakes will have (1) winner. The entrant selected as potential winner must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. The potential winners will be selected by random drawing from all entries received on or before the entry deadline. Example entry: if the entrant has 1 entry and there are a total of 10,000 entries. The chance of the entrant winning is 1 in 10,000.
- The drawing will be conducted within 7-days after the Promotion Period by Mountain Gazette, whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail on or about Monday May 9, 2022. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all entries received.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to receive email communication, (newsletters, sales promos, brand communication) from all of the brands listed above. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Any expenses/costs associated with a prize, its acceptance, use or enjoyment that are not listed herein as included with a prize are the winner’s responsibility and will not be provided. This includes travel cost and any other delivery fees. At Mountain Gazette’s discretion, unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Mountain Gazette is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Mountain Gazette in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Mountain Gazette will provide a prize of equal or greater value. The approximate retail value of the prize represents Mountain Gazette's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the state approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners.
- If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT MOUNTAIN GAZETTE, ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
- Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Mountain Gazette and its partners and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Mountain Gazette with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Mountain Gazette that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Mountain Gazette reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Mountain Gazette assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Mountain Gazette is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Use of Information: The collection and use of entrant information will be governed by Mountain Gazette and Fretboard Journal's online privacy policies.
- Mountain Gazette may be reached by email at email@example.com during the Promotion Period.
Regular price From $5.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $32.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Regular price $25.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per